Do you groan each time you look at yourself in the mirror? Even though you’ve shed the last of those extra pounds, do the unwanted inches still stick around? That’s because the best of diet and exercise programs only get you overall results. What you need is a smart technique that specifically targets those hard-to-lose inches – CoolScupting® or cryolipolysis as scientists call it.
Perhaps, the biggest positive of this method is that it is non-invasive. Given that the demand for minimally invasive body sculpting procedures rose by 137% from 2000 to 2012, you’re also probably looking for a similar method that is safe, effective and gives you long-term results. Approved by the FDA, CoolSculpting® can deliver precisely what you need. Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the treatment.
How was CoolSculpting® First Developed?
CoolSculpting® has a fascinating history. R. Rox Anderson, MD and Dieter Manstein, MD, two scientists at the Wellman Center for Photomedicine at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, affiliate of Harvard Medical School made a curious observation. They saw that kids who ate popsicles developed dimples in their cheeks. They realized that this phenomenon occurred because the chilled treat froze the fat cells in tiny areas and eliminated them. CoolSculpting® as a technique was created when the scientists started to explore the other fields where the concept could be used.
What is CoolSculpting® All About?
The CoolSculpting® technique directs cooling precisely to the layers of fat under the skin. The doctors carefully control the degree of cooling and the targeted areas with the help of sophisticated computer-controlled devices. They ensure that only the layer of fat is affected leaving the outer skin intact. This is possible because fat cells have a higher freezing temperature as compared to skin, nerves, and other tissues.
Once the fat cells freeze, they begin to die off. This process is called Cryolipolysis® or the crystallization of the cells. Over the next few short months, your body will naturally absorb them and move them to the lymphatic system. Here, they are eliminated from the body. As a result, you regain a svelte, toned body that is free of the unwanted pockets of fat deposits.
Why Should You Opt for CoolSculpting®?
Given that more than 500 procedures have been performed successfully so far, CoolSculpting® has a host of pluses that make it one of the best fat removal procedures available. Here’s why:
- The system is approved by the FDA and performed by highly specialized doctors that have received extensive training and acquired the necessary certification.
- Licensed professionals carefully supervise the treatment to make sure every safety standard is maintained.
- The CoolSculpting® device is a state-of-the-art piece of equipment that has built-in sensors. In case the skin starts to become too cold, it will automatically shut down.
- The treatment is completely non-invasive so you need not worry about possible scarring that may result from surgical procedures.
- You won’t need anesthesia since no scalpels or needles are involved.
- There is absolutely no downtime necessary and you can go back to your regular activities right away.
- The procedure takes into account your individual body shape and the areas you wish to target. Each session is carefully customized to give you the best results possible.
- Once the fat cells are removed, they cannot come back. This factor ensures that you won’t see the inches returning in the treated areas anytime soon.
What are the Areas that CoolSculpting® can Target?
Using the CoolSculpting® process, you can get rid of the pockets of fat and unwanted inches in any section of the body. Some of the typically treated areas are:
- Male breasts or pseudo gynecomastia
- Belly or abdomen
- Flanks or love handles
- Under the chin or double chin
- Back rolls or bra area
- Outer thighs
- Muffin top area
How the Procedure is Conducted?
Before you sign up for the CoolSculpting® procedure, you can spend some time with the doctor who will be performing the treatment. Discuss the objectives you have in mind and talk about the areas you’re looking to target. Depending on your body type, the doctor will put forward a specialized plan designed to meet your goals. Here’s what happens next:
- After assessing the target areas, your doctor will advise you on the total number of sessions you’ll need. Certain facilities may have equipment that can work on multiple areas simultaneously. Accordingly, you’ll have to come in for a fewer number of sessions.
- Every session takes about 60 minutes to complete. You can expect sensations of intense cold and dull pressure that settles after a short while. During the procedure, you can relax, read, take a nap, watch videos, play games, or work on your laptop.
- After the treatment is completed, you can get back to your regular activities. Possible side effects only include some amount of discomfort or numbing that clears within a couple of days. Your doctor will talk to you in advance about how to deal with them.
What to Expect from the Treatment?
Every session of CoolSculpting® that you take can eliminate 20% of the fat in the treated areas. With every subsequent session, another 20% is removed. Beginning at 4 weeks, you should start to notice the gradual toning of your body as the frozen cells are assimilated into your body. In the first two months, the fat cells are gradually erased, and over the next 6 months, you’ll see steady improvements in the appearance and texture of your skin. If you do gain weight, you’re likely to see it all over the body. Though, the areas that have been treated might show fewer fat cells.
Where can You Get the CoolSculpting® Procedures?
Although the CoolSculpting® procedure is non-invasive and absolutely safe to take, it is advisable that you work with a certified professional and a medical facility that has the latest and most advanced of equipment. You could also ask for testimonials of patients that have taken treatment before signing up for a session. When you sign up for the procedure at a registered medical center, you can be assured of a holistic approach to your inch-loss objectives, so you look forward to a gorgeous, toned body that stays that way for a long time to come.