A lot of people wonder why they should shop with an online headshop, instead of going to a high street store. There are, in fact, several reasons for this. Of course, shopping in a brick and mortar store is more personal and supports the local economy. But sometimes you have to think of your own needs, and you will quickly find that shopping online is clearly the better option. Let’s take a look at why this is.
One of the greatest things about shopping online is that you will have a far greater selection available to you. This is because they don’t need to have the physical space inside the store itself to keep all the items they can offer. There are many items that are very hard to find in physical stores, because they are not in high demand, and this means that they are unlikely to reserve space for them. Some of these things include:
- Scientific glass.
- Heady glass made by a variety of different artists
- Glass accessories.
- Oil accessories, including quartz products, ceramic products, titanium nails, and dab rigs.
- Grinders and other accessories from a variety of different brands.
- Specialty products, including products on request.
On the other hand, there are a couple of things that you can easily find in a brick and mortar store. After all, they do stock something. Their selection tends to include:
- Cheap acrylic smoke ware.
- A selection of rolling papers, but generally not specialized brands.
- Novelty items, which tend to be fun but useless.
- Herbs like Kratom and Spice, which is often illegal and will therefore NEVER be sold by online head shops.
Another great benefit of shopping online is that you will be able to shop at much more affordable prices. This is because owning a brick and mortar store is hugely expensive. Think, for a minute, about the different costs associated with owning a physical store. They include:
- The monthly rent for the store itself.
- The costs of paying their staff during opening hours.
- Physical costs such as display cases, cleaning, maintenance, local advertising, and more.
- Insurance costs.
- Overhead costs like gas, water, and electricity.
- Warehouse costs where they can keep their additional costs.
- Overhead costs for the warehouse space.
Online stores have far fewer costs. They include:
- Owning and maintaining a website.
- Costs for just a few members of staff, who are generally paid only for work actually performed, instead of hours present.
- Warehouse costs, but those tend to be shared with other warehouse users, as they will generally have a shared space. This means there is also a significant reduction in associated overhead costs, and they are usually added to the monthly rent of the warehouse.
It should be clear, therefore, why it is so much better to shop online than in a physical store. When it comes to your smoking needs, it is all about you and your likes and dislikes. If you purchase from a physical store, you will be limited by their offering, and not by your personal needs.