Attention NYC-area bands! Apparel company Brooklyn Industries, performing rights agency SESAC, indie artist support site ReverbNation, and marketing & publicity company The MuseBox (that’s us!) are teaming up for the NYC RISING Musician Scholarship Program.
Bands can enter for a chance to win the Grand Prize Package (see below) at www.nycrising.net. Beginning August 25th, a panel of judges will assess all entries and choose 25 artists to compete in the final round where fans and friends can vote for their favorites. The top 5 bands will receive the Grand Prize Package, which includes:
* Showcase performances at the CMJ Music Marathon, Pianos, and Brooklyn Industries stores.
* Two months of Publicity & Marketing services from The MuseBox.
* Inclusion in NYC Rising email, which will be our new NY-based A&R tip sheet to industry.
* A 15% manufacturing discount at A to Z Media, a CD & vinyl manufacturing company.
* A premium prize package from ReverbNation, including a weeklong home page placement for each band, distribution package, and 1 year of free press kit hosting.
* An artist profile on partnered sites The MuseBox, SESAC, and Brooklyn Industries.
* Assistance booking NY and regional shows.
* Artist CD for sale on partnered sites (where appropriate or permitted).
* Music distribution via Brooklyn Industries stores.
* Affiliation with SESAC.
The program brings together all aspects of a successful support system (from marketing to manufacturing to distribution) in order to create a positive network of resources for independent artists. “We really want to provide a solid opportunity for up and coming local talent,” says Jamie Dominguez of SESAC. “We want to foster the creative scene and enhance the artistic community of the tri-state area. Rather than a cash prize, we are aiming to give artists from New York City and the surrounding areas some really great connections to help propel them to the next level.”
Artists must reside in the tri-state area (NY/NJ/CT), and must not be affiliated with ASCAP or BMI to be eligible for the contest.
Entries are due August 25, 2011.
For more info, visit: www.nycrising.net