- Stress may seem like a common side effect of the modern lifestyle but can have devastating effects on your physical and mental health.
- Some of the immediate effects of stress on the body include muscle pain, digestive issues, and skin inflammation.
- Long-term effects of chronic stress include hypertension, cardiovascular disease, lowered immunity, memory disorders, and asthma, to name a few.
- To avoid the long-term effects of stress, you should try stress management techniques such as meditation and exercise and consuming brain-boosting foods.
- Memory supplements may also help reverse the impact of stress on the brain by boosting cognitive function and improving concentration.
Stress Is More Dangerous Than You Might Think
Stress may seem like an inevitable part of modern life, but it can also be dangerous for our overall health. Chronic stress can impact our mental as well as our physical health. Further, it can be a contributing factor behind some of the most prevalent diseases worldwide. It is important to be aware of all the ill effects of stress on the body and to address them promptly.
While we all experience some amount of stress sporadically in our everyday life, chronic stress should be avoided as much as possible. If you are struggling with this condition, try stress management techniques or seek professional advice to ensure that it does not result in health disorders.
The Immediate Effects of Stress on Your Body
A sudden bout of stress can be responsible for a set of symptoms ranging from aches and pains to digestive issues. Here are some of the most common immediate effects of stress that you can avoid if you try to calm your mind and body.
- Muscle Pain –The muscles in your body will tense up to avoid injury whenever you are experiencing stress. This can result in muscular pain in different parts of the body. Some of the most common forms of stress-induced pain are headache, backache, and shoulder pain. If you often experience stress, the pain can also become chronic. You may need to consume brain health supplements to help you cope with stress.
- Digestive Issues – Heartburn and acid reflux are common side effects of stress. The stomach acid levels rise due to stress, leading to these conditions. Additionally, stress can also impact food movement through your digestive system, resulting in nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or constipation. You could also experience stress-induced stomach pain, and if you have stomach ulcers, stress can cause flare-ups.
- Acne and Skin Disorders – Stress can boost sebum production on the skin, which can result in acne and inflammation. It can also aggravate skin disorders such as psoriasis, eczema, and rosacea. Some people also tend to break into hives when they are stressed, or develop small bumps all over their face. The best brain foodscan also help you maintain healthy skin.
Stress impacts your well-being. It elevates the levels of stress hormones, which can influence the different parts of the body. Chronic stress can affect everything from your organ health to your brain function. Therefore, you should try to avoid as well as manage chronic stress to prevent long-term damage to your health.
5 Long-Term Effects of Chronic Stress on Your Body
Apart from the immediate effects of stress, chronic stress can also lead to long-term health issues and diseases. Here are some of the most common disorders that can be caused by prolonged stress.
- Hypertension –When our body is under constant stress, our stress hormone levels are constantly high. These stress hormones increase the heart rate, which leads to a rise in blood pressure. High blood pressure can burden the heart and increase the risk of heart failure and stroke.
Apart from this, stress can also lead to cardiovascular diseases caused by abnormal heart rhythms or the deposition of fats in arteries. One of the best ways to regulate your blood pressure and protect your heart is to calm your mind and body.
- Asthma – Studieshave found that chronic stress can cause and aggravate asthma in individuals. Asthma is a disease marked by the chronic inflammation of the bronchioles or airways in the respiratory system. When we are stressed, the part of the nervous system that controls the airways is restricted. Extreme stress can, therefore, cause the constriction of the airways, which leads to difficulty in breathing and trigger an asthma attack.
- Diabetes – Chronic stress leads to elevated glucose levels in the body, which can cause Type 2 Diabetes. Furthermore, binge eating due to stress can cause a sudden spike in your glucose levels and worsen the situation. If you are struggling with high blood sugar levels, you should try stress management techniques such as yoga and brain health supplements. These can help lower your glucose levels, reducing your risk of diabetes.
- Low Immunity – According to studies, chronic stress can impair your immune system and lower your resistance to various diseases. Stress hormones can impact the processes of the central nervous system and the neuroendocrine system, which lowers immunity.
Severe stress also results in the development of malignant tumors in the body. Effective stress management is crucial to protect the body from fatal diseases.
- Memory Disorders – Chronic stress can cause functional and structural changes in the parts of the brain that affect our memory. A high concentration of stress hormones can lead to memory disorders. Stress management with exercise, meditation, and the best brain foodsis an effective way to prevent memory loss caused by stress. You can also consume health supplements that support the brain functions associated with memory.
Can Memory Supplements Reverse the Effects of Stress?
Memory supplements claim to boost brain health and improve cognitive function. They may be able to reduce the effects of stress on the brain. Neuriva is a memory supplement that claims to improve memory, focus, and cognitive function with its all-natural ingredients. This supplement contains phosphatidylserine, a phospholipid that can sharpen memory and reduce anxiety. It also contains coffee fruit extract, which claims to be a neuro factor that improves brain function.
The average Neuriva review is somewhat positive. Some users noticed better focus, energy, and memory after consuming the supplement. However, some users found the supplement a little expensive.
Stress may seem inevitable but needs to be managed and prevented to maintain optimal mental and physiological health. Effective stress management techniques, such as yoga, meditation, and a brain-boosting diet can protect you from various diseases.
Furthermore, consuming memory supplements that contain natural ingredients to boost brain function may reverse the effects of stress. Almost every Neuriva review cites that it could help improve memory and focus, which can be lowered by chronic stress. Combining this supplement with other stress management techniques may reduce the burden of stress on your body.